Water pumps are very important in camping. Water pump provides water from its tank to you through pipes. It creates pressure and provides pressured water.
Generally, RV water pumps have the capacity of 100 to 200 gallons tank which you can use on your trip. So here we are discussing a few points that you need to keep in mind while buying one RV water pump.
It is very crucial and you have to pay attention to choose one.
Water flow is very important in water pumps. There are two different types of water pumps. One is constant flow and the second is with variable flow.
The pump will remain on in constant flow you have to off it. This will slow the pressure of water and use more energy. Pressure will change frequently. You have to off it when you are not using it. It will take time to make pressure when you want it.
Pump with a shutoff valve is a variable flow pump. Better but expensive. You can have water whenever you need it with proper pressure. It uses less energy and provides you water smoothly and creates less sound.
Water Pump Motor
The second most important thing in your water pump is motor. It is also very important to check that the pump you are choosing is suitable for you or not.
The motor panel should be according to your needs. Most motors need 15-amp so you must have 15-amp for that. Do not make any mistakes. So you should know that before buying your RV water pump.
The quantity of water depends on how you are using it. How many persons you have on your camping tour, etc. If you are a couple then 2.5 gallons per minute is you can have and fine for you. This will allow you to take a bath and use a sink at the same time.
If you have more than two persons than three to four gallons per minute will be required. So you can use the shower and sink at a time. You should know this because you can buy a water pump as per your requirement.
The Noise Of The Water Pump
Most water pumps are louder so choose carefully. It depends upon a chamber design. Variable water pumps are less noisy. Water pumps have four and five-chamber design you should choose a pump with five chambers which creates less noise.
New pumps are less noisy in these days and shut off automatically when we are not using it.
Most water pumps have different power requirements. Power is used for creating more pressure. If you are using more water than the power requirement for the pump will be more. Pumps with variable speed use less energy. So this is also an important point to keep in mind if you want to save power.
Below Is The List Of RV Water Pumps For Campers
- Shurflo 4008-101-E65 Water Pump
- Pentair Shurflo 4048
- Remco Aquajet
- Flojet 03526-144A Automatic Water System
- Seaflo Self Priming
Automatic Water Pump High-Pressure Diaphragm, For Camper Trailer Boat Garden Boat, DC 12V 100W, 8L /m
- The built-in pressure switch automatically shuts off the pump when pressure builds up, eg. Turn off the faucet, for example, and it will turn back on automatically when you turn the faucet on again
- Self-priming smooth, simple connection system, powerful automatic pressure pump, extremely efficient, very low power consumption and high performance
- ABS solid body, soft rubber mounting, stable and heavy equipment. Easy to dissipate heat with two large holes at one end of the pump body
- An indicator arrow on the pump surface to direct the flow of water and directs it to the outlet waterside
- Wide applications, such as for car wash, solar water, remote water equipment, someplace need to control the switches frequently, save energy somewhere, etc